Thursday, January 21, 2010

Requiem for a Dream (2000)

I often hesitate from writing about some of my favorite films. I'm afraid that I won't do them the justice they deserve. My short, ~500 word blog posts simply cannot engage a film (perhaps with the exception of Choke) on the level it was created. Entire books have been written on films such as Sunset Boulevard.

I recently put Darren Aronofsky's film, Requiem for a Dream (2000) on my list of the best films of the decade. And I promised that I would post about each one of those.

Well, Scott Tobias of the AV Club, the Onion's younger, hotter, non parodic sister, wrote a piece about Requiem for a column called The New Cult Canon. There really aren't too many spoilers. Read it here.

Funfact: According to IMDb, "most movies contain 600 to 700 cuts. Requiem for a Dream contains over 2,000."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This blog sucks